Sunday, March 18, 2007

I am a bad blogger!

3+ months since our last post and update. WHOA. I am so sorry. I guess that just goes to show you that these 2 little girls dominate my every move! HAHA! I don't even know where to begin.

Last time I posted, Ashley was 6 months old and wasn't crawling. She is now 9 months old and not only is crawling but pulling up, standing against things and now using a walking toy to walk around with help. At her well baby check up she weighed in at 17 lbs 7 oz and is now 27 1/4 inches long! She is growing like a weed! She is also so talkative now. She says MAMA like you would not believe. Dada only sometimes. And for some odd reason, she says Ed. Well, more like: Ehhhhh DAH. It is so cute. We have had to babyproof the house big time be removing the coffee table she kept whacking her head on, putting foam edges on the brick hearth, and a baby gate on the staircase. She is getting to be so big and although it is fun to watch, it is definately bittersweet...I am going to miss my "baby".

Elyse is doing very well also. She has an awesome routine down for bedtime & naptime now. We are also checking out schools for her to start preschool this fall. The one we like the most is actually only 2 blocks away from our home and she really liked it when we went to visit. So, we'll see. One of her favorite things to do right now is sing. She loves singing both children's songs and a few country pop songs! I have to admit it is fun to turn up the tunes and watch her jam in the car. The newest thing that Elyse enjoys doing is picking up her sister. I have no idea where or when this started but it gets frustrating because most times, Ashley doesn't want to be picked up and then we are left with a shreiking baby until she puts her down.

Michael is doing well. Busy as ever with work but still loving the job. That is always good to hear from him. I am working very part-time at the YMCA. It has been a great chance to get out of the house, meet other people, and allow the kids to be at the child care center to play & interact with other kids. This month, they asked me to teach swim lessons so I start that tonight. I bet I am going to be tired of a pool by the end of the month.

Some of you may remember me mentioning my cousin Robin during her struggle with cancer over the past few years. Well, the good Lord decided it was time for her to walk with Him on February 1st. She will be missed dearly but she is no longer suffering and He is with her. If you do so, please pray for the rest of the family as they adjust to Robin being gone.

On a happier note, my other cousin & her husband are expecting another beautiful (I am sure he will be) baby boy this summer. We are all anxious to meet him and to watch Logan become a big brother.

I won't bother you with 3 months worth of photos, but I will post a few of my favorites! Again, sorry it took me so long to update this!

No comments: