Tuesday, August 01, 2006

And it begins...the packing that is!

Today is the first day of packing and if we aren't ready then we have approximately 2-3 hours to get ready. I think for the most part that things are where they need to be and as soon as I am done with this, I am going to round up the last things we need to move on our own before they arrive.

It is a little strange to think that a crew of people will come into my home and pack it all up. Everything. I won't have to lift a finger other than the things I think I need to do. I have no idea how it will work as far as things like food, things in the fridge, linens, bedding & such. We'll just have to wait and see what the crew leader says when they arrive.

This past Saturday night, Erika threw a going away poker party...it was a blast! Everyone snuggled Ashley, played with Elyse & I learned a new dice game that I am going to bribe my family to play with me in Michigan. The next few days will be hard for sure as we say goodbye to the friends we have here in Kentucky but we are excited to get on with the process too.

Elyse is doing pretty good with the idea of the move. She has been spending some time with the neighbor girls playing and been going to daycare a few days a week to help us prepare. This week will be strange for her because our things will not be available to us but we hope that she won't notice too much that all her toys are gone!

Ashley is of course oblivious and could care less what is in her environment as long as it includes some fresh diapers and mommy. Let's hope that she cooperates with us today so that I can handle the packers AND her!

Here are a few pics of the Ashley and our "safe" room of things we are moving ourselves! Yes, we have a ton of junk!!

No comments: