Thursday, August 17, 2006

We made it!

So I have been meaning to update everyone to let you know we made it to Michigan just fine. Sorry for the delay but obviously with a move of that size & a family wedding a week later...we were just a tad bit busy.

So the packing/moving went well. Our stuff is sitting in storage in Louisville, KY just waiting for our fax to the transportation department to release it to a home we don't yet have. Basically, once we get a place in Jackson we just let them know the address and it gets delivered to us. So where is that place? WE DON'T KNOW! We have our house in Kentucky on the market & it has had showings so let's all say a little prayer that it doesn't take too long to sell so that the girls and I don't drive my parents nuts! We are staying with them while Michael lives in Jackson at a hotel during the week. I have pics of the moving process but have to wait until the weekend to upload them to share.

I had my 6 week doctor's apt right before we left Michigan and it went well. My incision was STILL infected so she had to cut out a stitch that was causing all the troubles. That was not fun at all however within days, the incision was 100% better so I can't complain. And I am totally geeked that I am back at my pre-preggo weight although the "jelly tummy" is still there...ah but she was well worth it!

Speaking of my chunky monkey...she weighs somewhere around 11 pounds according to very non-scientific means of measurement...but wow...she has changed. Again, I have pics but you have to wait.

Elyse is doing pretty great too. Probably not completely with it on the idea of not going back to Kentucky but not too confused that she can't function. Her 3rd birthday is just around the corner and I just can't believe she is going to be THREE. DID YOU HEAR ME? THREE! I have been looking at her baby pictures and remembering all the things she did. *sigh*

So far our time in Michigan has been great...going to the beach, watching Nate get married, spending time with Grandma's. We leave the middle of September for Ocean City, NJ to visit with the other set of grandparents (aka the Vivian's) so that should be a nice break from the stress of moving.

Pics soon to follow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family!!!!

Glad you all are doing so well and love the blog!!

Aunt Vicki