Sunday, June 15, 2008

My little graduate







I can hardly believe that at the ripe old age of 4 that Elyse is a "graduate"! LOL I used to think it was so silly to have preschool graduation. Really, they aren't graduating anything and they don't understand so it turns into an event for the parents. But then I had a preschooler. Who finished her very first "formal" year of schooling and it all began to make some sense. It truly is a big deal to watch how much they grow and change during that year as preschoolers. Making that passage from baby school onto big kid school is even bigger...and now I know why it's so fun to do a preschool graduation. Yes, it was quite an organized mess. And it was just adorable that way. They all marched into the gym in their little white caps and gowns (mine marched in minus the cap because it was stupid). They got on stage and sang us a bunch of songs complete with arm movements of some sort. Many of them didn't know the words and a few were literally screaming them as loudly as they could making the show even more entertaining. Then they got their names called one by one to get their diploma and hear all of us insane parents cheer for them.

IT WAS A BLAST!

And my little girl couldn't have been more proud and quite honestly, neither could I. She really is so big now even trapped in that tiny body!!! (In the 2nd photo, you will see that Elyse is standing up while the 2 girls on either side of her are sitting & yet they are the same level!) And like a true mother and scrapbooker, I took a bunch of photos to document the event. So enjoy....this fall she is off to be even bigger in full day kindergarten which will include not only a bus ride but a bus transfer to get to school and getting her lunch in the LUNCHLINE like all the other big kids!

No comments: