While we waited in the cell phone lot to pick him up at the airport I was telling Ashley that we were going to get Daddy. When he called and I headed to the terminal I kept saying to her: let's go get Daddy...and all of a sudden she just started chanting: DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY! Clapping her hands and everything it was so adorable.
Then when Elyse was coming home on the bus I had Michael waiting in the driveway to greet her and got a great pic of her excitement to see him.
We went to the zoo, Michael got to go to Elyse's school for a party to celebrate Grandparents Day but her teacher said of course he could come instead, he & Elyse went to see a movie together, he had a sleepover with the girls in their room and we went out to eat as a family of five for the very first time.
Saying goodbye was still hard although a tad bit easier than the last time. Not quite as much crying and since I hadn't just literally had a baby days before I wasn't quite the mess I was before.
We feel very lucky to even get any time with him so it was definately a nice 5 day visit. Now we are planning our trip to Georgia where his parents will be helping me drive with the girls down there for a week long visit before Thanksgiving. Here are a few pics to include a family photo of all of us because I only have one other snapshot like that. ENJOY!






2 comments:
so precious! You all look so happy! So glad he was able to spend good quality time with all of you.
Love that last photo of him and Shelby
Wonderful, wonderful photos. What a beautiful moment too.
Post a Comment