Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Where else in this world can you live with such freedom, such independence and such pride for your country? Not only are we super proud to be Americans and have all of those honors....but our family appreciates all of those that help to make that possible. THANK YOU TO OUR MILITARY FOR THE JOB YOU DO! And now on to how the Vivian Girls opted to celebrate those freedoms today. Let me first explain how the yard came to give them this opportunity. Our basement window leaks and causes water issues in our basement from time to time. The remedy was to dig out the land that sloped to the window, regrade the patio area, relay those patio pavers, put in a window well and VOILA. Now before anyone freaks out...no I did not participate in this. I supervised. *wink wink* My dad did all the work and I might add that it looks PERFECT. So anyway, in order to save on costs, we wanted to use all the existing rocks that were in the well, but they were mixed with mud. So mom & I had the job of cleaning the mud from the rocks. We opted to spread a large tarp on the grass, let dad pile the rocks onto the tarp and rinse them with a hose for dad to put back into the well when the work was complete. We did in fact get those rocks rinsed on the tarp but in the process made close to the world's largest muddy SLIP & SLIDE you have ever seen. And that is how my girls opted to celebrate today. By using the muddy slip & slide as entertainment and dancing in the mud puddles. Thankfully I grabbed my camera and began to video the moment just in time to capture Ashley doing the "slip then slide" portion of the game for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pardon the hysterical laughing from my mom & I. We couldn't help ourselves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Fourth! And Thank YOU and your family for what YOU'RE doing.

(And I LOVE Elyse picking up the little scoop of mud and gently tapping her shorts.)

Sarah Joy said...

I second what Carrie said! :) So much sacrifice and not enough recognition.

Oh my! How fun! That was hilarious! She didn't even cry! What a toughie! And that HAIR! WOW! Is it really that red and so curly? Adorable! She is so big!